Maisha ni zawadi

My friend Shikoh is a mad woman, at least she likes to refer to herself as such. She tells me we should make noise when leaders steal our money, when they get pay rises before they work, and we should name and shame corruption in every shape and form it may manifest itself in. But if you know anything about what the president with a bird nest for hair called a shithole country, you know she will always have something to yell about. Probably until her last breath. And I commend her. Because sycophants see her as a nuisance. And small fish politicians hire people to send her headless chicken. But she still yells because she wants better.
I figure in essence, that is all human beings want. Well, most human beings. Trump doesn’t. But sometimes, I look at the bigger picture and pardon my arrogance, I cannot help but think we don’t have problems. Okay, if you’ve ever travelled on those my town service pieces of metal, you see the problem. Heck, you’re paying 40/- to ride the problem daily. That sounded wrong, you get it, though, yes? I swear those matatus are literally held together by paint and the will of God.
I look at the state of a planet on the verge if the world war; people being sold off as slaves in Libya.  Branded, treated like rabid dogs, thrown around from one owner to the other. One hellhole after another. With nowhere to run to. I appreciate the fact that civilization got to my grandparents on time, and thanks to this not only is my clitoris intact, but I’m also still running around being feminist when I could have been traded for rice at 11. I appreciate that I can go out and come back home daily, without the imminent danger of rebels taking over my village, stealing me and raping me over and over and over again, forcing me to birth their next generation of terrorists. I’m grateful my religion is not a cause for my persecution and consequential wiping out of my tribe. That I can dress however I want, without fearing it may cause loss of my limbs. I know, it probably seems like I’m throwing sense out the window and letting arrogance reign, but there are times I wake up and think; perhaps I’m lucky the only problem I face is bad governance and corruption. Furthermore, haven’t they both existed since Judas sold out Jesus for thirty bob? 
Sometimes, Thank You.

Comments

  1. Civilisation did a really good. Saved alot. Nice piece pierra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nimekupenda. ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fear is a Retarded Chicken

Cocktails with Jecy

A Strange Case of Old Habits and Their Attempted Murder