Heads I win. Hearts you Lose.



I'm not even sure how I’m supposed to phrase this because half of the things that made me happy the other day don’t have the same effect on me today,  you know like how githeri man isn’t cool anymore. Wild hearts can’t be broken, because they ride the wind and touch the sun. So you wonder, in essence,  how to please a wild heart. I wonder too. This list includes some of the ways you can win this one over , though in no particular order.
A book. An actual print. Not a Kindle or an eBook. Let me tell you there is something about a good print with a storyline that literally sets me apart.  The rate I devour the story, mingle with the characters and flow with their fates makes my blood rush. I feel their words, I see their faces, I feel their feelings. I absolutely love novels.
Good music.  If you know me well, I will let you count the number of times you have seen me without my earphones on. See? The number of fingers on your hands are too many for that.  My musical taste is varied. One time I want the warm embrace of James Arthur,  the love making of Lindsey to her violin,  the soothing but electrifying sounds of Nairobi Horns Project, other times I want to waltz away with Johann Strauss, to  sing (horribly)  at the top of my lungs to Taylor Swift and times I want Mercy Masika to take me to church. Good music is one way that’ll lead you smack into one of my ventricles.
Make me laugh. I’m that girl who laughs ten minutes after the joke stopped being funny. I  laugh at the smallest jokes. I catch on the slightest hit of a pun. This probably explains why Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Alexis Sherman series are some of my favorite reads. I laugh with people, sometimes at people and if needed, I will even laugh for you. So if you can make me laugh, you’re halfway there.
Rusungu. I cannot begin to emphasize on the importance of an efficient communication system.  My preference is the Queen’s language. I know its not a measure of intelligence but if I cannot hold a conversation with you for five minutes,  get used to blueticks. Maybe I should have said language because it covers courtesy too. Don’t get me wrong, not all that PLO mumbo jumbo. Just have your grammar right.
Old school people. Old school ways. Flowers. Whether they’re fresh or made by origami, I want them.  Not the plastic ones though. I probably won’t be able to smell them because the strongly scented ones like roses send my sinus on overdrive. Don’t let that stop you.  Get them anyway. I’ll work my way around. Also, if you can throw in chocolate, that would spread a grin so wide on my face it would reflect on the moon.
Let’s say for a fact here, you could try all of the above but I’ll still zone you to another dimension because above all, wild hearts are stubborn and untamable.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear is a Retarded Chicken

A Strange Case of Old Habits and Their Attempted Murder

ONE STEP AT A TIME…